Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's Not Easy Tryin' To Be Green, Either

I have a complaint against our wonderful baggers at the local HEB. Before anyone strikes me dead, I realize this is not against ALL baggers, and that most are quite brilliant at the job. Unfortunately, those are not the ones who bag my groceries most of the time.
I have been using reuseable bags since the first edition ones came out several years ago. I give them as gifts even. My question is why do we use them, if the bagger puts almost every single item in it's own plastic sack before placing it in the reusable bag? I understand meat, no complaints there. I can vauguely understand cleaners (although I believe the odds of them exploding in the four block drive back to the house pretty small). But a pie crust? How will the thin plastic sack protect it from the evils of the world? Vegetables, that are already in their own veggie plastic sack (which I reuse as trash sacks as I cook)? Cereal, for heavens sake? Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment